The Arts Connection Engine Overview|
IndianaArts.org / Arts Connection Engine
This page provides an overview the IndianaArt.org Arts Connection Engine
(ACE), a new Web 2.0 online content distribution and arts resource-sharing
program offered by Arts Place, Inc.
Download the ACE Fact Sheet
What is IndianaArts.org?
IndianaArts.org is the only state-wide, centralized online arts and cultural
resource and web portal designed to:
- Centralize statewide collection of, and access to Indiana’s arts and
- Streamline and improve processes for the communications, marketing and
promotion, and research for Indiana’s arts and culture
- Decentralize access to all resources to enable all to share information
about Indiana’s Arts and Culture.
What is the Arts Connection Engine (ACE) ?
ACE offers a unique online system to connect six key groups: artists, arts
organizations, suppliers of goods and services, patrons, the media and our
corporate sponsors. ACE can provide you with 4 valuable new web pages for your
website. Web visitors can browse your customized ACE pages which will display
rich content fed by the IndianaArts.org portal and database.
Each ACE page will have the look and feel of your website, and can be set to
show pre-selected content, such as your events, classifieds, or portfolio. ACE
also offers visitors advanced search options which access additional regional
and statewide arts content. This makes your website a source of valuable
information for your all your visitors – and it keeps visitors coming back for
more. The 4 ACE pages include:
- Events Calendar – A custom searchable calendar offering detailed
listings of events, shows, exhibitions, workshops or performances, times,
dates, maps, fees, and up to 3 images per event
- Classified Ads – A searchable regional and statewide database
with detailed listing of employment, internships, calls for entries,
workshops, grant opportunities, fellowships, etc.
- Classified Email Alert Subscription: IndianaArts.org members may
subscribe to automated email alerts to notify the member when a classified
ad that matches their interests or region is posted on IndianaArts.org and
the ACE partner site.
- Artists Directory – Detailed personal Artist profile(s) along
with online Portfolios of up to 20 images for each artist
All ACE content is stored and organized by the IndianaArts.org web team. All
content and updates, such as event dates, classified ads, and artist portfolio
images, are managed by the individual IndianaArts.org member/content owner. The
ACE website partner is not required to host ACE pages, install any complex
online application or code, or even manage any Arts content other, than the
content the partner owns as an IndianaArts.org member.
- Enhanced Content: As an ACE Partner, your site will access and display
searchable content related to Indiana’s arts and culture. This enhanced
content makes ACE partner sites more relevant, valuable, fresh, interesting,
and “sticky” for the user.
- Events Calendar to display your own events, as well as other arts
events in your area or around the state.
- Classified Ads to provide your visitors with up-to-date statewide
employment and income opportunities.
- Artist and Organization Search Engine to display pre-selected
listings based on region or specialty, and/or all listings in the state.
- Statewide Collaborative Efforts & Rewards: ACE partners will share the
efforts, rewards, and added visibility by participating in this exclusive
statewide Arts and Cultural programs, which will be promoted by us, the IAC,
our ACE partners – to reach a wider, more diverse audience which will
support our partners, tourism, and economic development on a local,
regional, and statewide level.
- Effective Promotions: ACE is an effective online promotional tool to
help all ACE partners and IndianaArts.org members - by re-distributing
Member content and promotional information through ACE partner websites
across the state.
- Streamlined Content Management: ACE streamlines data entry and
eliminates the need for Partner websites to develop, host or manage their
complicated web directories, calendars, or classifieds. IndianaArts.org
Members enter their own arts and cultural content through our single,
centralized online portal - which automatically feeds all ACE Partner
websites fresh content, images, events and classifieds.
- Fast & Easy Set Up: Minimal technical and web support will be required
from the Partner Website staff. We create the pages. You simply add links to
your new ACE pages one time.
- Affordable: The basic ACE setup has a low one-time set-up fee and an affordable annual subscription fee which helps us offset our costs to manage the engine. We'll take care of the rest. Your webmaster simply adds links on your website for the ACE Pages. Customized filters, configurations, and layouts are available at an additional fee based on scope.
Who uses ACE?
Sign up today as a founding ACE partner, and you’ll be joining many other
prestigious ACE Partners including:
- Columbus Area Arts Council, An official Regional Arts Partner (RAP)
click the Events Calendar and Directories link on the left side of the home
- Arts Place - Portland, An official Regional Arts Partner –
the top link EVENTS, then click ALL EVENTS -- also click the top link Find
Artists, Organizations, Opportunities , then click Find an Artist, Find an
Organization, or Opportunities - Classified Ads
- Cornerstone Center for the Arts
–Muncie click the CALENDAR, CLASSIFIEDS, ARTISTS, or ORGANIZATIONS links
on the right side of the home page.
- Whitewater Valley Arts Fusion – Muncie
- We plan to sign up hundreds of other websites over the coming months.
How to I become a Partner
It's easy to get started. We can answer any questions and explain the simple
steps to get things going.
To sign up or get more info, call Arts Place at 260-726-4809
IndianaArts.org ACE development & implementation by
Hume & Communications a Hume & Services company 812-330-0868